And it’s back

Sorry for the unreliable service this week. I’ve switched over to being self hosted from my closet by a mac mini I picked up in the beginning of the week. Unfortunately after I did the dns switch over I ended up with a huge pile of work on my desk at work, so with the long days and other commitments I didn’t really have time to finish up all the loose ends.

Today I finally managed to import my exported wordpress database without messing up the character sets too much. Just that little task proved quite difficult when I noticed I couldn’t use mysqldump anymore on my previous host. But in the end I managed to get the data over and fixed all the problems I’ve noticed.

I already notice a huge speed increase but that’s naturally because I’m on the same local network as the web server, but hopefully the site is faster for you others as well.